Poor Water Management
As many homeowners know, water can be one of the most damaging elements to a home. You can make sure your Knoxville home is prepared with our water management strategies, so you don’t get water damage. Depending on the severity of the water damage, it can cause anything from mold and mildew issues to more serious structural damage. Poor water management shouldn’t be taken lightly, as it can cause serious problems if the water issues aren’t addressed. Here are just a few ways in which water may not be managed properly:
Short downspouts: If a downspout is too short to accommodate the water from your gutter, it will quickly cause water to puddle around the foundation of your home.
Overflowing gutters: Similar to a short downspout, an overflowing gutter prevents water from properly draining. This can result in damage or discoloration to the side of your home, a flooded basement, or foundation damage.
Sloped yard: You likely can’t easily adjust the slope of your yard, which can lead to problems after heavy rainfall or melted snow accumulation. Since water can’t flow upward, an improperly sloped yard will direct the water back toward your home.
How to Improve Poor Water Management
When poor water management is ignored, you run the risk of some serious foundation problems to your home. We offer the Knoxville area water management services to help after water appears. It’s best to use one or more of the following methods to protect your home from long-term water damage:
- New construction basement waterproofing: This is an ideal solution for homeowners who are in the process of constructing a basement. When the walls of the basement are already exposed, our team can quickly and easily install the waterproofing system to the exterior.
- Foundation waterproofing: We have several different products to protect your foundation from water damage, including wall panels, liners, and coatings.
- Drain systems: We offer either The SafeDrain™ Drain System or the Multi-flow Drain Tile to properly direct the flow of water away from your foundation.
- Sump pumps: Our sump pumps are installed to safely pump water away from your foundation when the water level gets too high.
- Dehumidifiers: We have a trustworthy selection of dehumidifiers to keep your basement free of excess moisture.
If you’re concerned about poor water management on your property, contact American Foundation & Waterproofing for a free inspection, and our Knoxville water management and leak repair experts will provide a free inspection and recommend the best solution.