Specialized Solutions for Exterior Water Management
Without proper exterior water management for your Knoxville home, your basement may be unprotected from heavy rainfall and melted snow. This water intrusion can potentially lead to mold growth, bug infestation, and even structural damage. Since 2007, homeowners in the Knoxville area have trusted the professionals at American Foundation & Waterproofing to protect their homes from water damage. We offer a wide range of exterior water management and wet basement solutions for Knoxville homeowners to keep their basements safe and dry.
Signs of Water Damage
It helps to know how to recognize the common signs of water intrusion, so if you notice a problem, you can contact an expert right away. Be aware of these common signs in your basement:
- Insects - A dark and damp space is an ideal environment for a bug infestation, so a wet basement is very attractive to unwelcome pests.
- Musty odors or mold - A wet basement can quickly result in mold or mildew growth and musty odors. Mold can also impact your health, so it’s essential to treat the issue right away.
- Water on the floor - Wet carpets or puddles of water may indicate that water is seeping into your basement from outside.
- Wet walls - Moisture or efflorescence (salt and mineral deposits) on your unfinished basement walls are also common signs that you have water intrusion. Squishy or soft drywall and peeling paint are other signs of water damage.
Solutions for Exterior Water Management
American Foundation & Waterproofing offers Knoxville homeowners several wet basement solutions in Knoxville. We provide the following exterior water management services:
- Drain systems - SafeBasements® is an industry leader in basement waterproofing products, and we’re proud to use their products to provide our services. The SafeDrain™ Drain System and Multi-flow Drain Tile are connected to a sump pump system, which redirects the flow of water away from your home.
- Foundation waterproofing - Our team installs Durawell and WhiteCap Premium wall liner to seal and protect your basement walls from water.
- Sump pumps - We use sump pumps manufactured by Glentronics, which are both energy-saving and industrial strength. Our sump pumps include battery backup pumps for continued performance during a power outage.
- New construction basement waterproofing - There’s no better time to waterproof a basement than during the construction process. If you’re about to begin a new project, contact American Foundation & Waterproofing to install the Hydra-Guard WB Foundation Waterproofing System. By installing the system early on during construction, you can avoid the costly and time-consuming excavation process that would be required at a later time.
American Foundation & Waterproofing is committed to providing Knoxville homeowners with exceptional service and long-lasting solutions. Our years of experience have given us the knowledge and expertise to provide Knoxville with wet basement solutions and exterior water management services. Contact us today for a free inspection and estimate!